Monday, February 27, 2006

 

Chicken or Egg? Classroom Blog or My Blog?

I am of the belief that before you can have a successful classroom blog; you need to have your own personal or professional blog. Blogging requires routine, a message or purpose, and an audience.

I personally write for myself (audience) because I consider my writing truly cruddy (see what I mean, what kind of a word choice is cruddy?) I am keying this post in Word since Blogger doesn’t spell check immediately – I need that instantaneous reassurance that my spelling is correct. I learned in third grade that good writing is all about correct spelling. Needless-to-say my writing was non-existent in elementary school since I didn’t even start spelling words correctly till I was in junior high with Joanne Gaspard. (I got the privilege of teaching her daughter MacKenzie twenty years later – Mac was a better speller than I was as her third grade teacher.)

Routine? I write sporadically to sort out all the mixed messages I receive as a teacher, technology trainer, and mother. Being a mother is the best, and perhaps the most difficult job. Raising three children to live in an environment that doesn’t even exist is a pretty exciting situation. I can’t even imagine what types of jobs the Fletcher kids will enjoy when they are in their forties.

I am still trying to sort out my message. As I read through my posts, I see that my thoughts are all over the place. I guess I will just have to continue posting to find my voice and purpose.

Comments:
I hear your voice! ...and I like it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?