Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

Change

I love change. I love moving furniture in my house, altering the look of my bedroom with the changing of the seasons, always experimenting with new ice creams at Baskin-Robbins.

I have always enjoyed professional development because it gives me new ideas to employ in my classroom, more methods for reaching children, more reasons to teach. When I read Who Moved My Cheese I thought, of course!

Apparently I am an anomaly in my profession. For years it has been difficult for me to understand why all teachers don’t embrace new researched methods to improve their teaching. This past year I have learned that teachers are traditionalists. They often teach how they were taught – like parents who parent how they were raised. It is cyclical.

I have done a lot of reading about how to promote change in the classroom. It has to take place positively; it has to be fun, it has to be easy, and it has to work. That is a lot to ask of the change agents.

Then I saw this video. And I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. Maybe this is a starting point for change.

Teachers and change if this doesn't work try:

http://homepage.mac.com/lesleyu/iMovieTheater.html

Enjoy (-;

Comments:
Great video! Your message on change is so true!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?